THE 4 DAY RULE IS NO LONGER IN USE. PLEASE REFER TO THE TIMING CHANGE TRIAL
DO NOT USE
We are sorry your customer has been affected by a flight timing change.
In the event of a Flight time change, and dependent on the level of change to a flights' timings, different options will apply, please see below:
- Flight timing change over 12 hours – Can use four day rule, free cancellation, free amendment
- Flight timing change between 6 hours and 11.59 hours – Can amend to another flight with no amendment fees - (not 4 day rule, unless going day to night or crossing into the following day) – no cancellations allowed (any additional cost to be covered by the customer)
- Flight time changes up to 6 hours but still departing and landing on the same day – normal Booking Conditions apply (no free cancellations or transfers allowed) - If change puts the flight into the following day 4 day rule applies)
- Flight timing changes over 4 hours, where the landing date has now crossed over to the following day – four day rule applies –cancellations allowed
- Flight timing changes over 4 hours, or where the flight has gone from a day to a night flight* – if customers can demonstrate that the change in times has had a high impact on their travel arrangements i.e if elderly/with you children/medical/transport issues due to new times – four day rule applies –cancellations allowed
- Where a customer has been affected by multiple flight time changes and, if they can demonstrate that the combination of changes have had a high impact on their travel arrangements as per point 2 - the four day rule may apply.
*Day Flight (06:00-18:00) / Night Flight (18:01-05:59)
Outbound departing at 17.30 is now departing at 20.30 – In this case, free changes wouldn't apply as the change is only 3 hours later
Outbound departing at 17.30 is now departing at 21.45 – In this case, free changes would apply as the change is over 4 hours later